lørdag, januar 05, 2008

Mail fra Elinor i Kenya

  • Fra: Elinor Adhiambo, Ungdom i Oppdrag, Kenya
  • Dato: 5. januar 2008 20:05
  • Til: Augustin
  • Emne:Unrest in Kenya

Praise God and how are you doing?

  • We are safe under the shadow of the Almighty God,despite all the war in our country.Most of the places have been affected even Muhoroni.But my family is ok though no food because all the shops are closed and the Kikuyu tribe who bring most of the food stuff are the target for murder.

God is so good still because he is in control. Can you imagine I am a Luo married to a Kikuyu,two enemies.I know that God has a plan and this is just a symbol that actually the two tribes can be united.

  • In our base we are safe its only that we cant go to Nairobi .So far things are cooling down in some places ,and I believe its because of many prayers sent to God.
  • This is the most difficult situation for us as missionary organization,especially that we were set for our outreach on seventh of January.Most of the outreach places are canceled because of insecurity.
  • The only thing that has affected my husband and I most is that,It wont be safe for him to visit my family back at home,the same aplies to me,it will take time.There is still fear,but things are better than before.Just know that we are safe.
  • My friends and I are looking for a way to help the many displaced people,even if its just being there for them to comfort them,I was once a victim of clashes I know how they feel.
  • love you.
  • Elinor.
  • se YWAM Athi River, Kenya / meet our staff
  • www.ywamafrica.org/East/Kenya/Athi

Ingen kommentarer: